Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Night Tracks Yo

I've recently been listening to these songs on repeat and they're great to pump you up to be social and get out of the house on a Friday night and make friends and talk to people and not sit on the couch and read a book and drink tea (not that I have this issue myself... #secretlyintroverted) That said, two wonderful friends of mine, Jacob and Sarah, are visiting the city this weekend, so cheers to that!

Sam Smith. Money On My Mind.
Selina showed me this Brit. He's the voice on Disclosure's Latch and I think he has an eerily beautiful falsetto:
Twin Shadow. Old Love/New Love.
Okay, okay so apparently everyone already knows this song (looking at you Elise+ everyone else), but that doesn't mean it's any less good! Amiright?


Mapei. Don't Wait.
Not sure if this Stockholm-based girl is supposed to be "the next big thing" or not but she is awesome. (Also diggin' this Kingdom remix)


St. Lucia. All Eyes On You.
Why they don't have a music video for this baffles me.
        

Natalia Kills. Saturday Night.
Her eyebrows. That sequin dress. This is a nice angsty/teen-anthem guilty pleasure.

Foxes. Let Go for Tonight.
Similar to above. Mostly just a fresh of breath air because she's not Miley. I think these guys are on the rise. 


And last but OBVIOUSLY not least.
Beyoncé. Drunk in Love ft JAY Z.
I've watched this video everyday at the gym for the past two weeks. Great motivation. It just kills me how they're just like, "Yeah, we're married and we're amazing and we know it and all of you are jealous and you will never have this. Look how cool we are. " Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment